Friday, December 19, 2008

The Gift of Life


'Tis the Season of Giving! This year I decided to give the gift of life. The gift of live, vegan, organic, raw tasty treats to family, neighbors, teachers, bus drivers and friends. For those of you who are my neighbors and are asking, "What the heck does live and raw mean?" The box of goodies you received has NO sugar, NO dairy (yup...no milk, no butter, no eggs), NO baking powder, NO baking sodas, NO artifical colors or flavors, NO preservatives and absolutely NOTHING pasturized. Nothing heated over 115. Everything in that goodie box is 100% organic, 100% vegan and raw. It's yummy and good for you.


This is what you recieved in your box that are nut free: Strawberry Macaroons, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Cranberry Groat Granola. This is what you recieved in your box that contain unpasturized* raw almonds: Brownie Bites, Almond Haystacks. You may have also received some Spiced Nuts in place of the Cranberry Groat Granola. For my neighbors who have peanut allergies I did not use peanuts.


I hope all of you enjoy your goodies. You are all precious to me and I am thankful for each and every one of you.


I will be posting the recipes tomorrow so click back tomorrow!


Tonya


*I was fortunate enough to aquire unpasturized raw almonds for a co-op earlier this month. Our group ordered around 40,000 lbs of unpasturized raw almonds from a California grower. Those of you who bought some know how good they taste! I still have about 75 lbs left for any of you who may be interested. You can check out the link at http://www.rawketfood.etsy.com/.





No comments: