Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rawkin' Raw Treats



I hope you have enjoyed your Rawkin' Raw Treats! I have picked up a few recipes here and there. These two are from Ani Phyo. She Rawks! As usual, I alter every recipe to my families taste buds and you can do the same. I always use organic ingredients unless I am unable to find them such as Thai coconuts.

Strawberry Macaroons

1/3 cup pitted Medjool dates
2 cup strawberries, frozen and thawed (out of season right now) (you can use ANY berry)
1/4 cup Madhava Raw Agave
1 Tablespoon organic alcohol-free vanilla extract, or 1 vanilla bean scraped
2 cups shredded coconut

Process dates, strawberries, vanilla and agave into a puree. Add coconut and process to mix well. I used a 2 Tablespoon scooper to portion batter onto dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 105 for 4 hours or until they reach they consistency you like. I dried mine much longer because of the weather.

Brownie Bites

2 1/2 cups almond meal, ground up in your food processor or Blendtec
1 1/2 cups cacao powder (you could use cocoa powder but it isn't raw)
1 cup raw honey
1/2 cup of water, or more if needed
1/2 cup cacao nibs (or carob if you like)
dash of sea salt

Mix almond meal, cacao and a dash of sea salt in mixing bowl. Mix in honey and water. Stir in Cacao nibs. Use a 2 Tablespoon scooper to portion onto dehydrator trays. Dehydrate for 6 to 7 hours.....if you can make to that step!

3 comments:

Lori Painter said...

Tonya, these treats were awesome. Thank you so much for thinking of me! Congrats on your blogspot! It looks great. Can't wait to see more!

Rawket Food said...

Thank you! I just need how to figure out how to change the settings and the background to what I like! So glad you liked them!

Kristin said...

These were so yummy and looked divine! All 3 of us enjoyed every last morsel - thank you so much!